Thursday, February 9, 2012

Drive

This is my first attempt of anything that resembles a blog... or even sharing my thoughts with others on a social media. I am typically a very private person when it comes to sharing my inner thoughts, ideas, etc. This is surprising even to myself, since I grew up during the myspace, xanga, and aim age. Maybe it is my experience of watching others that has brought about this privateness. Well today I am opening myself up to new possibilities, expressing myself in new ways, and I am terrified.


The reasons for the name of my blog is threefold: 1) I may occasionally get onto my soap "box" on issues that are important to me, 2) I will most definitely talk about my "box" which is my local crossfit gym and sometimes my own back yard, & 3) I also love to cook and follow a mostly primal-paleo lifestyle (not always 100%) so we can look forward to few recipes to add to your recipe "box."


Most importantly I am a new mama. As of today I have been a mother for 2 months and 10 days. I have a precious baby girl named Mary "Emerson" or Emmy. She has followed in the footsteps of her mom and grandmother, all of us having the name Mary but each of us going by our respective middle names. Thus, the tradition continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment