My in-laws gave us a ton of blueberries a couple of weeks ago, so this was my efforts to try to get rid of the last pint that had probably seen its better days. I also used a couple of sad oranges that would have probably not been eaten otherwise. Hope you enjoy, feel free to alter it as you like depending on what you have in your own kitchen.
Grain Free Blueberry "Scones"
- 3 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 heaping tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of grape seed oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- zest of one lemon (or the zest of the orange... ours were too sad)
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together grape seed oil, eggs, maple syrup, orange juice, and zest until smooth
- Throughly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Fold in blueberries
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon the batter onto the pan leaving space between them
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
Makes 16 "scones"